Featured Development Site
Brickstone Square is a signature suburban business center of three first-class office and R&D buildings, approximately one million square feet, within an attractive campus setting packed with amenities. Its landmark structures feature efficient and flexible floor plates that easily accommodate a wide range of enterprises requiring space from 1,500 SF to 150,000 SF.
The landmark campus near the I-495 and I-93 interchange in Andover is a proven business destination. Brickstone Square combines modern conveniences with architectural charm. High ceilings and window lines create interiors flooded with natural light and great views.
Featured Community Project
Historic Mill District
Over the past several years the Town has been engaged in a process of examining the feasibility of rebuilding the facilities used by the Department of Municipal Services. Ideally, this will include relocation from Lewis Street, enabling an exciting new development district on that property. Upon identifying a solution for reconstruction the facilities, the Board of Selectmen and Planning Board are prepared to advance a Town Meeting Article to establish the Andover Transit Oriented Development District (ATODD). To learn more please feel free to visit the project website: http://andoverma.gov/planning/townyard/
Economic Development in Andover
DID YOU KNOW? The 2016 Boston Business Journal’s Book of Who’s Who recognized the following fun facts about companies in Andover:
- ALKU at 200 Brickstone Square was ranked #13 as the Fastest Growing Private Company in Massachusetts
- Schneider Electric at 800 Federal Street was ranked #1 as the Largest Clean Energy Company in Massachusetts
- Enel Green Power North America Inc. at 1 Tech Drive was ranked #7 as the Largest Clean Energy Company in Massachusetts
- LeadBridge at 300 Brickstone Square was ranked #52 as the Fastest Growing Private Company in Massachusetts
- ALKU at 200 Brickstone Square was ranked #2 as one of the Best Places to Work for Small Companies in Massachusetts [50 to 99 employees]
- Phillips at 3000 Minuteman Road was ranked #4 as the Largest Foreign-Owned Firm in Massachusetts
- RDK Engineers at 200 Brickstone Square was ranked #13 as the Largest Engineering Firm in Massachusetts
- Philips at 3000 Minuteman Road was ranked #1 as the Largest Medical Device Firm in Massachusetts
- Smith & Nephew at 150 Minuteman Drive was ranked #5 as the Largest Medical Device Firm in Massachusetts
- Merrimack Mutual Fire Insurance Company [the Andover Companies] at 95 Old River Road was ranked #10 as the Largest Property & Casualty Insurance Company in Massachusetts; Cambridge Mutual Fire Insurance Company at 95 Old River Road was ranked #22; Bay State Insurance Company at 95 Old River Road was ranked #23
- Celebrate at 3 Lowell Junction Road was ranked #25 as the Largest Meeting & Event Planner in Massachusetts
Andover has NINE Priority Development (43D Expedited Permitting Sites) including South Street, 1 Riverside Drive, 2 Technology Drive, 40 Shattuck Road, 300 Minuteman Road, 300 Brickstone Square, 160 Dascomb Road, 300 Federal Street, and 800 Federal Street. Andover is also an Economic Target Area and an Economically Distressed Area. Andover has a PLATINUM rating from MassBio. One example of a Tax Increment Finance (TIF) deal the Town of Andover has engaged in is with Schneider Electric.
Attractions in Andover? There are plenty! Go ice skating at Phillips Academy! Are you a History Buff? Check out the Robert S. Peabody Museum of Archaeology. Like Golf? Go golfing at the Andover Country Club, where they also hold functions, meetings and weddings. Andover has plenty of restaurants to dine at, such as Grassfield’s Restaurant, Palmer’s, Andolini’s, Thai Sweet Basil, LaRosa’s, Ragini Indian Bistro, Depot Pizza and the Tokyo Steakhouse, to name a few. Click HERE to read about the business incentives to support doing business in the Town of Andover!!