Featured Development Site
Located in the Machine Shop Village District of downtown North Andover, West Mill offers a quaint, suburban location that has access to in-town amenities. The site is located less than one mile from I-495, 5 miles from I-93, less than 2 miles from an MBTA Commuter Rail station, and is accessible by the Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority (MVRTA) Commuter bus to Boston. This historic, mixed-use conversion complex offers:
- Over 500,000 square feet of renovated mill space boasting brick and beam character, flexible floorplans, soaring ceilings, and ample natural light;
- Updated infrastructure, including LED lighting, high-speed internet, and energy efficiency heating and cooling systems;
- Active outdoor spaces including a courtyard, sunny lawns, and picnic areas overlooking the two mill ponds on site;
- Dynamic live/work/plat community with fitness, dining, and wellness options on campus and within walking distance.
Ready to start or expand your business at West Mill? Visit http://westmillna.com/ to get started today!
“North Andover has been a terrific location to do business, both for us as a landlord, and for the diverse businesses who call our property home. The economic development office has been a crucial partner in assisting us with the growth of our mixed-use development.”
– David Steinbergh, Principal, RCG LLC
North Andover was selected by Money Magazine in 2003 as the “Fifth Best Community to live in on the East Coast.”
Economic Development in North Andover
DID YOU KNOW? The 2016 Boston Business Journal’s Book of Who’s Who recognized the following fun facts about company in North Andover:
- Ardito, Toscano & McCollum PC at 40 Bayfield Drive was ranked #50 as the Largest Accounting Firm in Massachusetts.
North Andover is an Economic Target Area and executed a Tax Increment Finance agreement with 1600 Osgood Street (Osgood Landing). This agreement provided the town with 10 years worth of FREE 5,000 square feet of space for the town to utilize for their town offices. Part of North Andover is an Economically Distressed Area and has had environmental assessments done at Osgood Landing (1600 Osgood Street) and Jimmy’s Pizza. 1600 Osgood Street is listed as a Priority Development Site and is eligible for 43D Expedited Permitting. North Andover is listed by MassBio as having a Platinum rating. Osgood Landing and the Machine Shop Village are listed as State Priority Development Areas. The Route 114 Corridor is listed as a Local Priority Development Area.
A sampling of dining options in North Andover include Burton’s Grill, Joe Fish Seafood Restaurant, Shadi’s Restaurant, Lots of Eats Thai, Harrison’s Roast Beef, Good Day Cafe, Lobster Tail, Orzo’s Trattoria, Thyme Japanese Cuisine, Chama Grill, China Blossom Restaurant, Rolf’s Pub, and Perfecto’s Café. You can also sit and eat an ice cream at Mad Maggie’s and watch the airplanes fly by at Lawrence Municipal Airport.
And don’t forget to sample the fresh produce and products in North Andover! Go apple or pumpkin picking and eat some cider doughnuts at Smolak Farms. Or check out all of the other Farms in North Andover: Barker’s Farm Stand, Boston Hill Farm, and Leonhard & Eldred Farm.